Monday, October 4, 2010

"DMTs of Awesomeness" now available on DVD and Blu-Ray!

I will explain the title in a moment.  First, Muay Thai (Thai boxing) pics, finally!  I am seriously contemplating getting a pair of authentic Muay Thai boxers, complete with my name across the front... we'll see if I can haggle the price down enough to make it worth it, haha.



my trainer, Samaht, is a very cool, patient guy

with Heidi (divemaster)

my kicks are getting better, or so I'm told.

battle scars! ok, just bruises, but still.

I have been going more regularly to practice Muay Thai now, about once a week.  It's nice that I get to make use my bike, considering it's been sitting in the parking lot since I moved back to Coral Grand.

I've been trying to balance diving and muay thai and my PC work, and it's been going relatively well.  It's been raining more and more, so I'm less inclined to dive and more willing to do PC work and such.  The other morning, the water was actually "cold" (28-29 degress Celsius) enough to wear my full wetsuit.


the water was very CHOPpy, get it?!

no, really though, choppy.  surprisingly, underwater visibility was not bad.
one of the other DMTs found this cool nudibranch, a flabellina

size comparison, with my finger

Greg trying to get a decent pic while I hold the torch

the other flabellina we found, on another fish cage

I don't see starfish as often as you'd think.

So, Phil had the great idea to do a fun underwater video with all the DMTs.  Normally, we have videographers that work with Coral Grand to make videos for Open Water students and those are pretty awesome, but a few of the current DMTs didn't have the option or didn't buy their Open Water DVDs, and regret it.  So, we figured out a special deal with Alan (the owner of Liquid Media on Koh Tao) and had tons o' fun being silly underwater.  With silly dress, of course!


DMTs of Awesomeness

attempting to surf, in the awesome boxers Trang got me!

saw my first Lionfish at Chumporn!

amazing!

mermaid Phil: "Does my bum look big in this?"

Greg in scream mask and red tights

I think my best pic of "anemone + fish" yet

in case you can't tell, this is Phil and I, in fun wigs

I really need to work on making better bubble rings

saw my first turtle!!!!! a Hawksbill, I think.

SO cool.

The video is great fun, full of flips and underwater swordfighting, dancing, and air guitar.  We made a six-person standing pyramid, too.  If I can get Alan to make me a short clip (the DVD is copyrighted, of course!), then I'll post it on youtube or fb, soon

In other news, Chrissy arrived yesterday!  We had a nice, relaxing low-key day because she was tired from traveling, but I think she is really delighted with Koh Tao, which makes me happy :)

2 comments:

  1. Were you guys really diving with wigs?? If so, well done.

    And nice Muay Thai moves you got there. : ) Soon you'll be lookin' like THIS:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LtR-3vbfhU

    ...with a shirt on.

    ReplyDelete